Why use a NECA contractor?
Because the Western Ohio Chapter of NECA’s electrical contractors deliver high quality “on-time, on-budget, right-the-first-time” services.
There was a time when electrical installations were chaotic. Lack of uniformity in manufacturing specifications for equipment and components hampered progress, as did the absence of consistent installation procedures. Viewed as a new frontier, electrical work soon attracted all sorts of people, few who were skilled and fewer still who had any kind of formal training.
A unified voice was necessary to deal with these issues. NECA was established in 1901 to act as this voice to create standards for the contractors, as well as work closely with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers to encourage training, ensure fair wages and establish safety policies. From its very beginning, NECA has also recognized that, in order for the organization to function effectively, the good of the public had to be considered on the same plane as the good of the industry.
NECA has long distributed its Standard of Installation and promotes the NECA Guarantee, which promises customers that they can depend on receiving high quality “on-time, on-budget, right-the-first-time” services from NECA contractors and their employees.
A qualified electrical contractor:
- Accepts full responsibility for the job.
- Provides an experienced management organization.
- Provides skilled electrical journeymen craftsmen trained to do a quality installation.
- Supplies properly selected, high quality materials and schedules their delivery for use in correct quantities and on time.
- Uses time saving tools and equipment to gain maximum efficiency and quality in installations.
- Keeps informed of the most up-to-date techniques and materials.
- Knows the National Electrical Codes and applicable local codes.
- Insists, even beyond the code requirements, that all work meet neat and workmanlike standards.